Just ran into this little issue when I signed up for the Mozinar next week. I was presented with a little .ics file which works very nicely with Outlook but doesn’t seem to open in my Google calendar by default. Since I’m trying to be more organised, as I’m sure we all are – and keep as many events in my Calendar is possible, I thought I’d share how to import .ics files into your Google Calendar. Which actually wasn’t as complicated as I expected.
- Download the .ICS to somewhere you can easily navigate too.
- Open your Google Calendar
- Under “Other Calendars” click the arrow for the dropdown on the righthand side
- Choose “Import Calendar”
- Now browse and navigate to the file.
- Select the calendar you want it to sync with (in my case my Personal Calendar)
and you’re good to go.
A little side note is that I had to do this twice, I’m not sure why it glitched the first time but second time it worked like a charm
Hope this helps you out if you were having similar issues.