It took around 2 months, and some extra fiddling but I have finally got my face to show up next to results in Google. It doesn’t appear next to every single page that has been indexed at the moment. I’m not sure whether that is due to Google’s algorithm or whether it will get around to adding it to every page in time. For the record I set it up around the end of October and just noticed the pictures today, so roughly a month and a half. The only slight change I had to make was making sure the picture was of my face rather than a full body shot. It will be interesting to see if clicks are now higher with the picture displayed than before. I will certainly be keeping an extra eye on traffic and conversions.
My face in Google – Authorship mark up now working
December 10, 2011